Monday, February 21, 2005

 

Art History, José Clemente Orozco


My first lesson brings me to a Mexican artist, of course someone I've never heard of, his work categorized as Social Realism.

Artist Profile: José Clemente Orozco and follow on link.

OK, what did I just read? About the artist's life, especially with regard to his social leanings. He supported the Mexican Revolution--of which I know nothing about. It seems to have occurred during the first half of the 20th century. It seems he was a dedicated revolutionary for which art was his modus operendi. Many place names and titles of his works are mentioned--entering one ear and exiting the other. There was only one painting depicted on site and no direct links to others. I'll save any further research into Orozco, should I become more interested in revolutionary topics.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?