Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Artist Profile: Jan Lievens


Interestingly Jan Lievens is a mostly unknown artist whose career (while he was alive) almost paralleled that of the well-known Rembrandt, his contemporary. The links offered do not elaborate much on his life or work, other than to present a few of his paintings. Perhaps his art was similar to Rembrandt's but nothing shown grabbed my attention. If I am not mistaken I viewed some of Rembradt's work at the Vatican Museum in Rome. I know there were a number of pieces by medieval and Rennaesance artists that I found very impressive, some of it perhaps Rembrandt's.

The topic I viewed yesterday was "The Gates," a New York City modern art display. If you like construction walls, temporary barriers and that sort of thing, you'll love this piece of modern art. Aargh!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?